Scrambled breakfast tacos make for the perfect camping breakfast recipe. This dish can be served up in just 15 minutes and the ingredients require no refrigeration–if you skip the cheese.
This recipe is vegetarian, and packed with protein. It will give you the energy you need to get through a long day of hiking or adventure.
- 1 small can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- 4 corn tortillas
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup cheese of choice
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan and add the garlic and beans. Season with salt to taste and cook until the garlic browns.
- Add the spinach and toss until it wilts. Mix in the lemon juice. Set aside.
- Wipe the pan clean and replace on the stove with the remaining oil.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water and salt and pepper. Pour into the hot pan and cook to desired doneness, turned and breaking up the eggs with a spatula.
- Remove the pan from the heat and hold the tortillas over the flame for a few seconds to lightly cook.
- Fill with beans, eggs, and sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 634 Total Fat: 29g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 402mg Sodium: 1205mg Carbohydrates: 60g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 18g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 36g